A new contract for summer signing and two new sponsorship deals for St Neots Town
- Credit: Archant
New St Neots Town signing Taylor Parr has been rewarded for making a big impression at the club with a one-year contract.
The former Godmanchester Rovers defender has impressed with his attitude in training and performances in pre-season friendlies since arriving earlier this summer.
The 22 year-old has stepped up two levels to join Southern League Premier Division outfit Saints after previously playing in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division ‑ and co-boss Andy Davies is already convinced Parr can move even further up the footballing ladder.
“Taylor has done extremely well during pre-season,” said Davies. “His attitude in training and performances in the games have been second-to-none.
“He has already formed a very promising central defensive partnership with our skipper, Tom Ward.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not a club that simply dishes out contracts for fun these days, but Taylor has earned it.
“It also gives us a safeguard as a club should interest come in from higher levels.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
Parr played every minute of Saints’ first three pre-season friendlies. The last of those ended in a 5-1 defeat at the hands of National League South side Chelmsford City last Tuesday.
St Neots return to action tonight (Tuesday) with a home date against Step 5 side Haverhill Rovers (7.45pm) before entertaining Step 4 outfit Aveley this Saturday (2pm).
Davies and fellow boss Robbie O’Keefe are considering making a midfield addition to their squad, but they will not offer a deal to former Cambridge City man John Kaye, who has been on trial.
Saints start the new Southern League Premier Division campaign with a trip to Slough on Saturday, August 6.
The club then have back-to-back home games against King’s Lynn (August 9) and Frome (August 13) before making the short trip to newly-promoted St Ives for a Huntingdonshire derby on August 16.
Saints have toasted two new sponsorship deals in recent days.
TK Tiles have become first-team and reserves’ shirt sponsors for the next three years while Global Erecting Sign Services (GESS) have secured naming rights for the club’s 3G pitch for the same length of time.