A new contract for summer signing and two new sponsorship deals for St Neots Town
- Credit: Archant
New St Neots Town signing Taylor Parr has been rewarded for making a big impression at the club with a one-year contract.
The former Godmanchester Rovers defender has impressed with his attitude in training and performances in pre-season friendlies since arriving earlier this summer.
The 22 year-old has stepped up two levels to join Southern League Premier Division outfit Saints after previously playing in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division ‑ and co-boss Andy Davies is already convinced Parr can move even further up the footballing ladder.
“Taylor has done extremely well during pre-season,” said Davies. “His attitude in training and performances in the games have been second-to-none.
“He has already formed a very promising central defensive partnership with our skipper, Tom Ward.
“We are not a club that simply dishes out contracts for fun these days, but Taylor has earned it.
“It also gives us a safeguard as a club should interest come in from higher levels.”
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
Parr played every minute of Saints’ first three pre-season friendlies. The last of those ended in a 5-1 defeat at the hands of National League South side Chelmsford City last Tuesday.
St Neots return to action tonight (Tuesday) with a home date against Step 5 side Haverhill Rovers (7.45pm) before entertaining Step 4 outfit Aveley this Saturday (2pm).
Davies and fellow boss Robbie O’Keefe are considering making a midfield addition to their squad, but they will not offer a deal to former Cambridge City man John Kaye, who has been on trial.
Saints start the new Southern League Premier Division campaign with a trip to Slough on Saturday, August 6.
The club then have back-to-back home games against King’s Lynn (August 9) and Frome (August 13) before making the short trip to newly-promoted St Ives for a Huntingdonshire derby on August 16.
Saints have toasted two new sponsorship deals in recent days.
TK Tiles have become first-team and reserves’ shirt sponsors for the next three years while Global Erecting Sign Services (GESS) have secured naming rights for the club’s 3G pitch for the same length of time.