A good buzz’ as Saints dominate Pagnell match
UCL Premier Division Newport Pagnell Town 0 St Neots Town 3 A DOMINANT performance from Saints, aided by the sending off of Pagnell s Vinny Shrieves, took them to the top of the United Counties League. The visitors were already two goals up by the time Sh
UCL Premier Division
Newport Pagnell Town 0 St Neots Town 3
A DOMINANT performance from Saints, aided by the sending off of Pagnell's Vinny Shrieves, took them to the top of the United Counties League.
The visitors were already two goals up by the time Shrieves received his marching orders
You may also want to watch:
for an alleged stamp on Tony Russell.
Pagnell's manager Terry Shrieves, Vinny's father was also dismissed for his complaints to the officials.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Barrington Belgrave's fourth goal of the season gave Saints the lead on 27 minutes before Ivan Finch doubled the lead with a header five minutes before the break.
Substitute Stuart Beevor completed the win with just a minute to go.
Manager Scott Houghton said: "If you had offered me a one-nil win before the game I would have taken it, so to win by three is very pleasing.
"After Shrieves was sent off the game was over as a contest - he was their danger man.
"There is a good buzz around the club at the moment but it is still early days."
St Neots travel to Sleaford on Saturday and face a trip to Potton on Tuesday.
The team's League Cup match against Northampton Spencer was being played as The Hunts Post went to press on Tuesday evening.
Meanwhile St Neots Reserves also sit atop their league - the first time both clubs have been top of their respective divisions since the club's resurrection in 1996.