A good buzz’ as Saints dominate Pagnell match
UCL Premier Division Newport Pagnell Town 0 St Neots Town 3 A DOMINANT performance from Saints, aided by the sending off of Pagnell s Vinny Shrieves, took them to the top of the United Counties League. The visitors were already two goals up by the time Sh
UCL Premier Division
Newport Pagnell Town 0 St Neots Town 3
A DOMINANT performance from Saints, aided by the sending off of Pagnell's Vinny Shrieves, took them to the top of the United Counties League.
The visitors were already two goals up by the time Shrieves received his marching orders
for an alleged stamp on Tony Russell.
Pagnell's manager Terry Shrieves, Vinny's father was also dismissed for his complaints to the officials.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 10 Buckden children raise a whopping £1,313.60 at cake sale
Barrington Belgrave's fourth goal of the season gave Saints the lead on 27 minutes before Ivan Finch doubled the lead with a header five minutes before the break.
Substitute Stuart Beevor completed the win with just a minute to go.
Manager Scott Houghton said: "If you had offered me a one-nil win before the game I would have taken it, so to win by three is very pleasing.
"After Shrieves was sent off the game was over as a contest - he was their danger man.
"There is a good buzz around the club at the moment but it is still early days."
St Neots travel to Sleaford on Saturday and face a trip to Potton on Tuesday.
The team's League Cup match against Northampton Spencer was being played as The Hunts Post went to press on Tuesday evening.
Meanwhile St Neots Reserves also sit atop their league - the first time both clubs have been top of their respective divisions since the club's resurrection in 1996.