ANGLING: Fine fish making the winter sessions worthwhile for St Ives Tackle team men
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Tackle Team member Valius Paskonis received a rich reward for braving the winter weather and severe storms recently.
Paskonis caught a fine common carp legering his favourite boilies out towards an island.
Paul Marriot headed out to fish for zander and managed to catch one in a short session after work.
It's good to see those quick forays paying off as Marriott has managed to bag quite a few perch and zander this winter.
Shop owner Mike Bartlett has been pike fishing a local drain and caught a lovely 15lb fish on float fished bluey deadbait - and there was a case of déjà vu when he landed the same fish again two hours later!
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in learning more about the fishing opportunities on offer in the Hunts area can pop into the St Ives Tackle shop at Houghton Hill Industries, give them a call on 01480 468196 or check out their website www.stivestackle.co.uk
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester