IT’S difficult to pick a high point from a game like Saturday’s, because I was so impressed with the all-round performance from the lads.
We got the goals from midfield as I had hoped, but we also had a couple from our strikers. The main thing is we have got the points on the board and won the first game – now it’s about building.
I was pleased to see Dan Chillingworth’s contribution on Saturday, because he could be a very important player for us. We’ve been wrapping him in cotton wool because he’s still not fully fit, but he’s fit enough to be effective in the UCL.
The truth is that our squad should be good enough to win games without Chilli, but when we come up against higher-league opposition he will be vital. He sees things that other players at this level do not see, and he can execute them when he gets the chance.
Despite Saturday’s win, we can’t afford to relax and the players will need to stay on their toes.
We’ve got a tough game coming up at home this Saturday in the FA Cup. I watched Dereham Town last week, and they look like a very tidy side – they’ve got a couple of ball-players in the team, and they play good football.
They use the same 4-5-1 formation we do, and I think it should be a really good game. I expect it to be very open and think there could be a few goals.
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
Our focus is on the league, but a few games in the cups at this stage of the season do no harm, and it’s the FA Cup after all.
We’d like to give the fans something to sing about, so going through a couple of rounds would be great for the club. If the fans come down and give us their support, we hope we can deliver for them.