IT’S difficult to pick a high point from a game like Saturday’s, because I was so impressed with the all-round performance from the lads.
We got the goals from midfield as I had hoped, but we also had a couple from our strikers. The main thing is we have got the points on the board and won the first game – now it’s about building.
I was pleased to see Dan Chillingworth’s contribution on Saturday, because he could be a very important player for us. We’ve been wrapping him in cotton wool because he’s still not fully fit, but he’s fit enough to be effective in the UCL.
The truth is that our squad should be good enough to win games without Chilli, but when we come up against higher-league opposition he will be vital. He sees things that other players at this level do not see, and he can execute them when he gets the chance.
Despite Saturday’s win, we can’t afford to relax and the players will need to stay on their toes.
We’ve got a tough game coming up at home this Saturday in the FA Cup. I watched Dereham Town last week, and they look like a very tidy side – they’ve got a couple of ball-players in the team, and they play good football.
They use the same 4-5-1 formation we do, and I think it should be a really good game. I expect it to be very open and think there could be a few goals.
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 9 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
- 10 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
Our focus is on the league, but a few games in the cups at this stage of the season do no harm, and it’s the FA Cup after all.
We’d like to give the fans something to sing about, so going through a couple of rounds would be great for the club. If the fans come down and give us their support, we hope we can deliver for them.