First Team Match Report: March 30 - Eynesbury Rovers 3 - Cogenoe United 2 (UCL Premier Division South.

Eynesbury Rovers recorded a vital win against Cogenhoe United as they battle to stay in the Premier Division.

Declan Rogers put Rovers ahead with his second goal since re-joining the club and second half strikes by Adrian O’Hara, his first goal for the club, and a debut goal from Fraelias Mienambolo secured the three points.

Eynesbury dominated the first half and could have had more than the one goal they scored but John Meadows, in the visitors’ goal, was in top form to keep the hosts at bay.

He tipped a lobbed Dylan Surace effort onto the bar and behind and should have been beaten in the 18th minute when a quickly taken throw in by Dan Hammer caught Cogenhoe all at sea.

Dylan Surace could have shot but elected to cross the ball for Owen Dixon but he couldn’t keep his shot down.

However, Declan Rogers fired Rovers ahead in the 32nd minute with a shot from inside the penalty area. Mienambolo had several chances but was denied by Meadows on three occasions.

Cogenhoe had their opportunities but Sonny Knights fired wide, Jack Connor shot straight at Reece Lewis and later his looping header missed the target.

Just six minutes into the second half Eynesbury made it 2-0. A flowing move down the left flank finished with defender Adrian O’Hara side-footing the ball home at the back post for his first goal for the club.

Eight minutes later though United pulled a goal back after Takula Chijota set up Jamari Hart who scored with a shot inside the box.

However, just six minutes later Rovers restored their two goal advantage. A long ball by Max Kimpton picked out Fraelias Mienabolo on the left wing.

He cut inside and his shot was too hot for the keeper to handle. Cogenhoe hit back though and Patrick Cichosz made it 3-2 in the 88th minute.

They pushed forward in the seven minutes of stoppage time that were played with their goalkeeper joining in with their set pieces. Fortunately Rovers held out and secured a vital three points to move up to 17th place.

Next up is the local derby at St Neots Town on Monday, April 1, kick-off 3pm.