Following the Friday Night under lights it was a return to Saturday afternoon as Rushden came visiting. It was the visitors who struck first as Ives conceded a penalty which was duly converted.

The Bulls struck soon after the restart as they drove down the field with Duncan Williams and Paul Ashbridge to the fore. A neat move from the backs put Max Flint into space and he powered 45 metres, outstripping the defence to dive over and put Ives in front.

The hosts continued to dominate possession and released Flint again, but he was unable to round the last defender for a second score.

Although possession and territory were plentiful, the home side couldn't capitalise. Rushden, living off scraps, were able to move downfield and persistent infringing enabled them to get another scoring opportunity again converted to regain the lead by a point.

Ives came storming back and from the next line-out the two Ollies, Bartlett and Raine scythed through the defence and sent Paul Ashbridge over the line for a converted score.

From the restart, St Ives again closed in on the Rushden line, but they weren't accurate enough and were unable to convert the territory into points. As the half drew to a close, another line-out in the Rushden 22 proved fruitful; the ball was claimed and Duncan Williams was driven over for Ives to finish the half 17-6 ahead.

The second half started in the same manner and Ives went over soon after the restart as Tommy Newman finished off the move for the bonus point try.

The game then drifted as play was contained between the 22s for a good 15 minutes. The pattern was broken when Rushden infringed. From the resultant line-out a repeat of the Duncan Williams drive was instigated and converted, Ives now leading 29-6.

Further torment came for Rushden as Ives raided once more with Ollie Raine feeding Tom Woodrow to stretch the lead.

The pain wasn't over yet. Tayedzerwa received the ball again and powered through the defence. Tackled short of the line, support from Dan De'Ath provided another simple score for Adam Williams with Ives winning 46-6.

The 2s had a good victory over Cambridge III, winning 22-29, putting the heat on the 1st team squad. We are quietly building as a group of players.”