Zumba-thon raises much-needed funds for Mayor of Huntingdon’s Charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 people attended a charity Zumba event in aid of the Mayor of Huntingdon’s Charity.
The event took place last Saturday at the Medway Centre, in Huntingdon, and saw dancers turn out to take part in four hours of back-to-back Zumba classes.
Even the mayor, Councillor Bill Hensley, joined in with festivities, dancing along to the Village People’s YMCA.
It is the fourth time the event has been held and organiser Debra Cossey-Mowle hopes to have raised hundreds of pounds.
She said: “This was another great success and I’m proud to have been able to help the charity again. The final total isn’t yet known as we still have participants’ sponsorship money to collect in, but I’m sure we will have beaten previous amounts.”
You may also want to watch:
Next year’s Zumba-thon has already been scheduled, with the event lined up for April 23.
The event was sponsored by Kymera clothing and embroidery, Cambs Lock Antiques and Collectibles, and Costcutter Buckden.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'