Residents at Field Lodge home in St Ives take a walk on the wild side!
- Credit: Archant
A care home in St Ives took a walk on the wild side when residents were given the opportunity to get up close to a host of creatures and critters from around the globe.
The Care UK team at Field Lodge, in London Road, invited animal therapy specialists, ZooLab, to lead a ‘show and tell’ workshop with residents.
A host of exotic animals, including snakes, lizards and giant snails, were among those presented to residents.
As part of the session, ZooLab provided interesting facts on each of the individual animals, and residents who dared were also able to handle and stroke the interesting creatures.
Home manager, Linda Martinez, said: “We are always looking to plan interesting and exciting activities for residents, and as so many have a keen interest in nature and wildlife, we invited ZooLab along to provide a fun animal therapy session.
You may also want to watch:
“It proved to be a real success, and you could see from residents’ reactions just how engaged and fascinated they were by the chance to get so close to such a varied collection of animals.
“Not only did the workshop fit really well with our activity based care approach here at Field Lodge, it also provided real therapeutic benefits for residents – especially those living with dementia.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
“I’d like to say a huge thank you to ZooLab, it was fantastic to see the smiles on everyone’s faces, and to hear the conversations that were sparked as a result of our new friends visiting us – we can’t wait for them to return.”
Field Lodge is a modern purpose-built care home providing full-time residential, nursing, and dementia care, as well as short-term respite care. Designed to enable residents to live enjoyable and fulfilling lives, the care home has a choice of lounges and dining rooms along with facilities such as an activity room, cinema and a hairdressing salon.
For more information on Field Lodge, call customer relations manager Julie May, on 01480 878 073, or e-mail email@example.com.