Youths escorted from derelict building after fire is started
- Credit: Archant
FOUR youths were escorted from a derelict building after a fire was started in RAF Upwood.
Firefighters from Ramsey and Huntingdon were called to the airbase at 9.10pm on Saturday (March 23) and arrived to find a fire involving pallets.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Resuce Service spokesman said four youths were escorted from the building and confirmed the fire was deliberately started.
The crews returned to their base by 10.30pm.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a small fire in a derelict building at RAF Upwood at 9.07pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers attended and stop-checked four youths nearby.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity