Your votes needed to help Papworth Trust win £250,000
- Credit: Archant
Disability charity The Papworth Trust needs you – today!
It has a chance of winning £250,000 but it needs people’s votes, as soon as possible.
Voting is open today (May 19) and closes at 5pm tomorrow (Wednesday, May 20), simply click here.
The funding is part of a campaign run by Virgin Media called Pitch to Rich.
Small businesses, organisations and charities are invited to pitch for a £250,000 marketing campaign.
The Papworth Trust, which has its HQ at Papworth Everard and offices in Huntingdon, would use the prize to help it expand and market Can Clothing, a range designed and made by Trust staff and the people they support.
You may also want to watch:
An initial cake-themed range was launched at the end of 2014 in support of the charity’s fundraising campaign Care for Cake. Now the charity wants to expand the cake range and target green-fingered supporters with a new gardening range.
The marketing campaign would help the charity to target new markets and increase its sales and reach. All proceeds from sales of Can Clothing will be used to provide essential care and support to older and disabled people and their families.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
Papworth Trust fundraising manager Annette Angell said: “We want to grow our charity to support more people, so we are asking people to vote for us so that we can step our marketing up a gear.
“Winning Pitch to Rich would change the landscape for us, allowing us to support more people every day.”