Your chance to kick off Huntingdon tax office destruction
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon eyesore to be razed at the beginning of next month ... and you could win the opportunity to get the destruction underway.
Tickets are now on sale giving the winner the chance to signal the machines to move in, marking the end of the former tax office building in Chequers Court.
The building will make way for the £25m redevelopment of Chequers Court, which will create new shops.
Having done so much harm to Huntingdon’s skyline, the building is being given a last chance to do some good as the competition will raise money for charity’s supported by the Rotary Club of Huntingdon, which is organising the draw.
First prize will be the chance to start the demolition, which will begin on Saturday, October 5, a framed picture and a three-course meal for two at the George, Huntingdon. Second prize is a bottle of Champagne.
You may also want to watch:
Rotarian Malcolm Lyons said: “The idea for this competition started three years ago as we thought it would be good to use the demolition to do some fundraising.”
Mr Lyons thanked developers Church Manor Estates for allowing the competition to go ahead.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
Tickets £1 will be on sale near Wilkinson on today (September 20), 21 and 28 and at The Hunts Post office.