Youngsters make appeal for donations to help make bake sale a sweet success
- Credit: Archant
Two friends from St Neots are holding their own Great British Bake Off-style event to raise money for charity.
Grace Mills and Lydia Southey, both aged eight, are appealing to the community to donate cakes and raffle prizes for their event, which is raising money for Cancer Research UK.
The girls, who are hosting the fundraiser, are looking for cakes to be entered into their competition, which will then be judged by the youngsters.
Jasmine Tingey, Grace’s mum, said: “The girls really wanted to do something to help other people so we thought that this would be the best thing.
“Both of the girls have lost people through cancer and wanted to raise as much money as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The girls are looking for people to donate cakes and raffle prizes. The idea of the event is that they will judge the cakes, and reward someone with ‘star baker’. Then after that, they will sell off the cakes.
“I think the girls are really looking forward to the event, there will be tea and coffee, glitter tattooing, biscuit decorating and other games for everyone to get involved with.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
“The fundraiser was their idea and I think that it is lovely.
“I am just so proud of them both for wanting to help other people and do fundrasising events.
“It’s so amazing that they have even thought of doing this and we are all so proud.”
The event will be held on April 14, from 1-4pm, at the Scout Hall, in St Neots.
If you would like to o donate cakes or raffle prizes contact Jasmine on 07850861707.
You can also donate to the girls’ fundraising page by logging on to https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/jasmines-giving-page-20.