Youngster hosts rotary voices event in a bid to go to the World Scout Jamboree
- Credit: Archant
Joshua Marshall from St Ives, has been busy raising money in order for him to go to the World Scout Jamboree after being only one of 40 selected in Cambridgeshire.
The 12 year old has hosted a string of events in order to allow him to go and represent his scout group at the jamboree in America including car washes and table top events.
Joshua has been part of the scouting community since he was little and is now part of the 2nd St Ives Sea Scouts.
The event, which is held in West Virginia, costs about £3,500 to attend, and is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the youngster.
Joshua has already raised £1,200 which will go towards allowing him to go to the Jamboree but still has a long way to go to raise funds for the event in 2019.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster is hosting a Rotary Voices event on June 24 in a bid to raise funds to go towards the event. The event will be held at Hemingford Abbots Village hall at 3pm. Tickets cost £8, which include a drink and a cake. To purchase tickets call 01480 469476.
You can sponsor Joshua by visiting www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/joshua-marshall.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity