Youngster chops hair for charity
- Credit: Archant
The hair will be donated to chairty.
A youngster from Buckden has had his hair cut off in a bid to raise money for a cancer charity.
Ciaran McDanagh, decided to have his hair cut off to be able to donate it to the Little Princes Trust, a charity that provides wigs to children with cancer.
The 14-year old, who attends St Thomas More Catholic School in Bedford had his hair cut on 20 February and has raised more than £300 for the charity.
His mum Claire said: "Ciaran has always had long hair and last summer decided he wanted to have it cut. We discussed donating t and after measuring he decided he wanted to grow it longer so he had a reasonable amount to donate, so waited until January before booking in to have to cut.
You may also want to watch:
"Our local Hairdressers 'The Salon on the Green' agreed to cut his hair for free as it was for charity and they also had a donation box in the salon which allowed their customers to also contribute.
"Hi original target was £250 and he has currently raise £380 but would love to get to £500 which is approximately what is costs to provide a real hair wig free of charge to a sick child or young person."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
The link to his just giving page is: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ciaranmcdonagh.