Young Huntingdon dancers prepare for London show
- Credit: Archant
Budding young dancers from a Huntingdon school are getting ready for a one-off performance at Her Majesty’s Theatre, in London, on Sunday.
The group of 27 students from Wendy Burke School of Dance, in Orchard Lane, are rehearsing for dances showcasing jazz, tap, hip hop and contemporary styles.
This follows the exam success achieved by the seven to 18-year-olds in January, including a number of distinctions.
Principal Wendy Burke said: “We have some great laughs and a few stresses along the way, but although the age range is vast, the team are working together so well.
“It is always a joy to see everyone looking out for and helping each other. I know they will make us all very proud.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: For more details, visit www.huntingdondancentre.co.uk.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor