Young author Sanjana inspired by her dream of having a dog
WESTFIELD Junior School pupil Sanjana Narayan may not be able to have a dog of her own, but she has done the next best thing.
The 11-year-old has created her own fictitious four-legged companion and cast him as the hero of her first book Thunder.
Sanjana, who lives in West Leys, St Ives, started writing books when she was eight, but Thunder is her first completed title. It follows the adventures of wonder-dog Thunder, who can understand human emotions and communicates by nodding his head, and his girl-owner Crystal, an orphan who lives with her grandmother.
Sanjana’s father Rajiv got it published through self-publishing service Blurb.com.
He said: “Every year since she was eight she has written a book and not completed one.
You may also want to watch:
“We told her she had to finish one, and so she decided to finish this one. She is writing her second book now.”
Picture: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer