You’re a star – Cambs company wins charity logo competition
- Credit: Archant
STAR ENTRY: A charity founded by a St Ives couple has a new look after the winner of a competition to design a logo was announced.
Emma and Chris Dowers, of Dunnock Way, challenged people to get creative for Baby James’ Starlight Trust.
The pair lost their only son, James, aged 19 months to an undiagnosed condition in September last year, and wanted to help other families going through similar.
They launched the competition at the beginning of May, with a £100 cash prize as an incentive, and were delighted to receive more than 200 entries.
Mrs Dowers said it had been tough to pick a winner. “It was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make because there were a lot of wonderful designs. Most of them were from children and I felt so bad but my husband said you have to pick only one.”
You may also want to watch:
The winning entry (pictured) was designed by Mark Davies of Blueprawn – an Abbotsley-based design agency, with help from his seven-year-old daughter Olivia Goldman-Davies.
Mrs Dowers plans to use the logo on donation buckets and banners to promote the charity.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester