Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms across East of England
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for thunderstorms in the East of England tomorrow (Tuesday).
Forecasters are warning over the risk of storms and flooding between 6pm on Tuesday and 9pm on Wednesday.
The Met Office said: "Thunderstorms may develop bringing torrential rain, hail and lightning to a few places, with potential disruption to travel and flooding.
"There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
"Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 8 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
For more information visit: www.metoffice.gov.