Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms across East of England
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for thunderstorms in the East of England tomorrow (Tuesday).
Forecasters are warning over the risk of storms and flooding between 6pm on Tuesday and 9pm on Wednesday.
The Met Office said: "Thunderstorms may develop bringing torrential rain, hail and lightning to a few places, with potential disruption to travel and flooding.
"There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
"Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
You may also want to watch:
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
For more information visit: www.metoffice.gov.