Funds raised for good causes at Yelling barn sale
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds was raised for two good causes at a clothes sale in Yelling.
The event, at The Thatch Barn on August 22, raised £1,600 and will be shared between Cancer Research (UK) and the Yelling Church FF Fund.
Organiser Sanchia Ascroft said: “I was overwhelmed by the donations which included labels such as Stella McCartney, Jaeger, Prada, Hobbs, Joules and Barbour to name a few. Any unsold stock will be donated to Cancer Research and we hope to raise more money from sales of some top, unsold labels via Ebay. We also raised £150 for Scrubs for Cambridgeshire by selling their beautiful hand sewn masks.
Visitors also enjoyed baked, home made cakes, donated by people in the village.
My thanks go out to everyone involved and also Tesco of St Neots who donated new clothes for us to sell and also provided tea and coffee provisions, added Sanchia.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity