Funds raised for good causes at Yelling barn sale
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds was raised for two good causes at a clothes sale in Yelling.
The event, at The Thatch Barn on August 22, raised £1,600 and will be shared between Cancer Research (UK) and the Yelling Church FF Fund.
Organiser Sanchia Ascroft said: “I was overwhelmed by the donations which included labels such as Stella McCartney, Jaeger, Prada, Hobbs, Joules and Barbour to name a few. Any unsold stock will be donated to Cancer Research and we hope to raise more money from sales of some top, unsold labels via Ebay. We also raised £150 for Scrubs for Cambridgeshire by selling their beautiful hand sewn masks.
Visitors also enjoyed baked, home made cakes, donated by people in the village.
My thanks go out to everyone involved and also Tesco of St Neots who donated new clothes for us to sell and also provided tea and coffee provisions, added Sanchia.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online