Wrap up a little something extra for the Hunts Post’s Christmas appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Post is this week launching its Christmas present appeal for children who have to spend the festive period in hospital.
The appeal is simple: we are asking readers to dig a little deeper and add one more present to their Christmas shopping list for our Buy a Gift campaign in aid of Holly children’s ward at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
For children on the Holly Ward, festive fun can be a little harder to come by from the confines of their hospital bed.
The 19-bed ward caters for children aged up to 17 who are cared for by a staff of 30 that includes qualified nurses and support workers, as well as eight consultants.
You can make that day a little bit more special by simply picking up an extra book, toiletries set, game, a DVD or toy and dropping it into The Hunts Post and we’ll make sure the Christmas cheer at Holly Ward stretches a little further this year.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: The Hunts Post is at 30 High Street, Huntingdon. Presents should be wrapped but include a note to say what is inside.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire