Pair found acting suspiciously around homes in St Ives are jailed
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were arrested after acting suspiciously in a residential area of St Ives at the weekend have both been jailed for 18 weeks.
Police were called after Wally Allgood, 42, and John Hayden, 31, were seen looking around a property in St Audrey’s Lane on Sunday (December 2).
They were reported to be looking through windows and asking to buy cars that were not for sale.
Officers arrived soon after to speak to the pair but Allgood attempted to flee, throwing a claw hammer into a bush before being detained.
When searched, Allgood was found with a balaclava and gloves and both men were arrested for going equipped to commit burglary.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday, Allgood, of no fixed abode, and Hayden, of London Road, Malden, Essex, pleaded guilty to going equipped to commit burglary at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court.
Det Sgt Colin Norden said: “It is clear these men set out with the intent to steal from others.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
“I would like to commend the quick-thinking member of the public who called to report their behaviour and hope that others will come forward and do the same.”