Wood Green Animal Shelter team make it to the summit
FIVE Wood Green Animal Shelter workers who pledged to climb Ben Nevis, walk 74 miles and cycle 74 miles in just seven days, have completed their challenge.
Dave Morgan, 50, Mark Anderson, 41, Paul Hunter, 46, Craig Goldsworthy, 37, and Tom O’Connell, 31, took on the gruelling long distance endurance challenge in Scotland last month and raised almost �10,000 for the Charity.
Tom said: “The team and I feel extremely proud of our achievement. We had to sustain a high level of exertion over the three elements of the challenge which took seven days.
“Despite some significant physical ailments and extreme fatigue we completed the challenge on schedule. We all suffered but crossing the finish line and knowing that our efforts are raising vital funds for such a worthwhile cause gave us all a huge boost.”
The money will go towards a �12,000 biochemistry machine and surgical equipment for neutering the animals at the shelter’s new �3.6million surgery at the Godmanchester Centre.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: There is still time to sponsor the team. Go to www.justgiving.com/tomtomoconnell
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 5 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year