At the February meeting Susanna Marshall spoke myths and legends of St Valentine s Day. The bring and buy sale was a great success. The group s outing of a coach trip to Stamford on March 3, was enjoyable. There is an outing to Peterborough Key Theatre to
At the February meeting Susanna Marshall spoke myths and legends of St Valentine's Day. The bring and buy sale was a great success.
The group's outing of a coach trip to Stamford on March 3, was enjoyable. There is an outing to Peterborough Key Theatre to see 42nd Street on March 31.
A Raising your Image workshop will be held at the WI Centre on March 25, price £2.50 to include food. A coach trip goes to the quilting festival at Chilford Hall vineyard on March 17 leaving from the WI centre at 9.30am. A patchwork day is to be held at the WI Centre on April 6.
Philatelic Society: February 28 saw two of our own members Bernard Lemmon and Bill Gibb displaying.
You may also want to watch:
Bernard's chosen subject was Steam, including a tribute to Fred Dibnah with postcards, photographs and stamps showing steam engines.
Bill Gibb's display, Routes and Rates of the Caribbean, covered the pre-stamp period up and into the Penny Post era.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
In 1817 an Act was passed which fixed the rate at 2/2d for mail sent to London. From 1790 to 1891 it was possible to send a letter to any port in the Americas for 4d.
At the next meeting Alan Bannister will be displaying Malta.
Contact secretary Peter Garth on 01480 457851.