Woman who had sex in park is jailed but the man convicted with her goes on the run
A DRUNKEN woman who had sex in a busy park in full view of children on a Sunday afternoon was jailed for six months.
However, an arrest warrant was issued for her lover after he failed to turn up at court on Friday to be sentenced.
Helen Juby, 36, of March, stood in the dock alone after he failed to turn up at Cambridge Crown Court.
The court was told that police were alerted by a member of the public and when officers arrived in Tillery Field Park, off Alexandra Road, Wisbech, one girl of 12 among a group of youngsters aged from 10 told a Pc: “You don’t want to go over there. They are disgusting people.”
Juby, of Highfield Road, and Lithuanian Andrius Vaiciulevicius, 30, of Norwich Road, Wisbech, both previously pleaded guilty before magistrates to outraging public decency on September 2.
You may also want to watch:
At the sentencing hearing Judge Nicholas Coleman issued an arrest warrant for Vaiciulevicius.
Judge Coleman told Juby: “You decided to have sexual intercourse with this man. It was for all to see, it was mid-afternoon, it was a park, with children nearby and indeed a child attracted the attention of the police officer.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 3 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 4 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 New 'Uber' style bus service TING to launch this month
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 St Neots man sets new world record for visiting the most pubs in 24 hours
- 10 Man in critical condition due to collision on London Road in St Ives
“You clearly don’t think that Sundays should be a day of rest, certainly from sexual activity.”
Prosecutor James Earle said police could smell alcohol as they approached the couple. Neither of them had any clothes on from the waist down.
Juby told officers when arrested she didn’t know who her partner was, said the prosecutor.
Mitigating, Andrew Cogan said Juby was remorseful and knew it was wrong.
He continued: “She said sorry to police and that she had told the man they should have gone to a house and made love there, not in the park.”
The court heard Juby had 18 previous convictions for 26 drink-related offences.