Woman treated by ambulance crew after St Neots flat fire

Fire-engine-generic

- Credit: Archant

A woman has been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a flat in St Neots early this morning (Tuesday).

Two fire crews from St Neots were called out to an address in the Mill Road area of Eaton Ford after an automatic fire alarm went off at about 2.20am.

They arrived to find smoke coming from a ground floor flat and firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, rescued one casualty.

A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “At 2.38am we were called to a house fire in Hanover Close, Eaton Ford, to reports of a patient with suspected smoke inhalation. Two ambulance crews were dispatched to the scene.

“The patient, thought to be a woman in her 70’s, was treated at the scene with suspected smoke inhalation but no-one required hospital treatment.”


You may also want to watch:


Firefighters said the cause of the fire was accidental.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter