Woman treated after Godmanchester house fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered smoke inhalation in a fire at a house in Godmanchester last night (Wednesday).
Two fire crews from Huntingdon tackled the blaze in the first floor of a house in The Avenue after the alarm was raised at 9.05pm.
They found a female casualty who was out of the building and she was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation before being left in the care of the ambulance service.
Firefighters using breathing apparatus fought the fire using hoses, a jet and a fan to clear the smoke, and returned to the fire station shortly before midnight.
The ambulance service said one person was treated for minor smoke inhalation and did not need hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse