Two fire crews from Huntingdon tackled the blaze in the first floor of a house in The Avenue after the alarm was raised at 9.05pm. They found a female casualty who was out of the building and she was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation before being left in the care of the ambulance service. Firefighters using breathing apparatus fought the fire using hoses, a jet and a fan to clear the smoke, and returned to the fire station shortly before midnight. The ambulance service said one person was treated for minor smoke inhalation and did not need hospital treatment. The cause of the fire was accidental.