Woman trapped in car in ditch after crash on busy Huntingdonshire road
- Credit: Archant
A woman was trapped in a car on its side in a ditch following a two-car crash on a busy Huntingdonshire road.
Parmedics were called to Pidley Sheep Lane junction, near to the Raptor Centre, in the B1040 Somersham Road at about 9am today (Tuesday).
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team sedated a woman, in her 30s, who was trapped in the car and suffered arm, chest and leg injuries.
“Having provided enhanced A&E level care, the helimedix worked alongside two Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue crews and EEAST Ambulance crews to remove the patient safely from the vehicle.
“The Magpas team accompanied her in a land ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. On arrival at the hospital, the woman was in a stable condition.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the crash, police closed the B1040 and the B1086.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'