Woman suffers broken bones in A14 crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after suffering serious injuries in a crash on the A14 on Saturday (April 13).
Emergency services were called to the westbound carriageway between Fenstanton and St Ives to reports of an overturned car in a ditch by the side of the road.
Firefighters cut free a teenage male and a woman in her 40s.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that the woman was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, with suspected fractures to her pelvis, upper legs, collar bone and an arm.
The man, who suffered slight injuries, was also taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said that one lane of the carriageway was blocked as one person stopped to help.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal