Woman robbed as she walks near Huntingdon park
A 21-YEAR-OLD woman was robbed as she walked along Brookside in Huntingdon.
The incident happened at about 1am last Friday (July 22) close to the ring road.
Cambridgeshire police said the woman noticed a man following her as she approached the park, close to the supermarket and petrol station.
He began speaking to her, before grabbing her bag and searching it.
The attacker was disturbed, allowing the woman to grab her bag and run off.
The man was described as black, aged between 16 and 20 and he wore a blue baseball cap, white Parka-style jacket, jeans and light coloured trainers.
DC Mark Yendley, investigating, said: “We know from CCTV that there were several people in the area at the time of the incident.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
“I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this robbery or saw the man described.”
INFORMATION: Call DC Yendley on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.