Woman robbed as she walks near Huntingdon park
A 21-YEAR-OLD woman was robbed as she walked along Brookside in Huntingdon.
The incident happened at about 1am last Friday (July 22) close to the ring road.
Cambridgeshire police said the woman noticed a man following her as she approached the park, close to the supermarket and petrol station.
He began speaking to her, before grabbing her bag and searching it.
The attacker was disturbed, allowing the woman to grab her bag and run off.
You may also want to watch:
The man was described as black, aged between 16 and 20 and he wore a blue baseball cap, white Parka-style jacket, jeans and light coloured trainers.
DC Mark Yendley, investigating, said: “We know from CCTV that there were several people in the area at the time of the incident.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
“I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this robbery or saw the man described.”
INFORMATION: Call DC Yendley on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.