Woman rescued from car after crashing into ditch on A14 near St Ives
A WOMAN had to be rescued from a car on its side in a ditch after it had left the A14 near St Ives.
Firefighters from Huntingdon and St Ives were sent to the westbound carriageway at the Galley Hill slip between St Ives and Hemingford Abbots yesterday (Sunday) just after 5.15pm.
A man and a girl had already got out of the vehicle but neither sustained serious injuries in the crash. A woman was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries, after being released from the car.
A police spokesman said there was “some disruption to traffic”.
Residents in Conington were told to close their windows and doors on Friday (February 17) evening to avoid toxic smoke after a fire at Main Hall Farm.
The fire broke out in a workshop, containing chemicals used for laminating, at one end of a single storey barn measuring 20 by 60 metres at 2pm. The workshop, approximately 20msq, was completely destroyed by the fire but adjacent workshops were not damaged.
The fire is believed to have started in an industrial oven, and was caused accidentally.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 3 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 7 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 10 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
Bruce Parcell, station commander, said: “Firefighters worked really hard to quickly stop the spread of the fire, and thanks to their work the fire was limited to one workshop.”
Fire crews from Huntingdon and Kimbolton were called to reports wood chipping on fire at the Huntingdonshire Recycling Centre in Ellington on Saturday (February 18).
The fire broke out in several patches affecting around 7,000 tons of chipping. The cause of fire was spontaneous ignition. Firefighters returned to their base by 3.25pm.
Two fire crews from Huntingdon were called to stables in Godmanchester last night after receiving several calls from members of the public.
They arrived just after 6.35pm and found the stables, in Pettit Road, off Windsor Road, well alight. Firefighters believed a cylinder was possibly involved in the fire.
Arsonists set fire to a large bonfire in Thongsley, Huntingdon, last night.
Fire crews from St Ives and St Neots extinguished the blaze by 8.10pm and returned to their base.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.