Woman ‘left shaken’ after handbag is snatched in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman had her handbag snatched.
The victim, who is in her 70s, was outside The Hillings care home in Grenville Way, St Neots, at about3.55pm on Friday, when she was approached by a man who stole her handbag before getting into his van and driving off towards Drake Road.
The man was described as 5’7”, in his 30s, with brown curly hair, a tanned complexion and was wearing dark clothes. The van was described as small and white. The handbag contained about £100 and some sentimental items.
PC Sonia Kauser said: “Although the victim was not hurt this was a frightening experience for her which left her shaken.
“I would urge anyone with information or who may have seen something in the area at the time to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting incident number CF0502000917.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told