Woman killed in two-vehicle collision on the A1198 in Hilton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a crash in which a woman was killed on the A1198 at Hilton.
The collision, involving two vehicles, took place on Lattenbury Hill at about 1.30pm on Saturday.
A white Ford Transit van was travelling south when it collided head-on with a black Volkswagen Golf.
The passenger in the Golf, Marion Seymour, 82 of Potton Road, Hilton, died at the scene.
The driver of the Golf, a woman in her 50s, was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital. She suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Ford Transit van, a man in his 20s, was uninjured in the collision.
PC Sean Redman, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire road policing unit, said: “The A1198 was busy at the time, and we are keen to trace any drivers who were in the area and who may have seen the collision, or either vehicle leading up to it.”
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 5 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 6 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 7 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 8 More roads should come under 20mph scheme, say councillors
- 9 Cambridgeshire records one of lowest Covid fine rates in country
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call the road policing unit on 101, quoting incident number CC-15092018-0226.