Woman killed in accident on A1 near St Neots ‘will be sadly missed’
THE partner of the woman who died after being hit by a lorry on the A1 said she would be “sadly missed”.
Sarah Hillingdon, 49, of Glebe Way, Haddenham, was hit by a lorry on the A1 at Southoe, near St Neots, just before 8.30pm last Tuesday (March 27).
Officers closed the southbound carriageway while ambulance crews worked to save her but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kevin, Sarah’s partner, said: “Sarah will be sadly missed by both friends and family who would request that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.”
The driver of the lorry, a 47-year-old man form Peterborough, was not injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers reopened the road just after midnight.
INFO: If you have any information about the incident, call Cambridgeshire police on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k