Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A woman who robbed a father and his two children at knife-point has been jailed.
Fay Brown threatened to stab the trio if they didn’t hand over the £30 that had just been withdrawn from a cashpoint at the Broadway Shopping Centre in Yaxley on April 8.
The 47-year-old, who was wearing a grey hoodie and a face mask, then snatched the money from one of the girls, who were just five and six-years-old, before running away.
The 50-year-old father chased after the woman but she continued to threaten to hurt him so he called police.
Brown was seen going into her home in Laburnum Avenue, Yaxley and the clothing she was seen wearing on CCTV images was found at the property.
At Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (July 27), Brown pleaded guilty to robbery and possession of an article with a blade or point. She was sentenced to two years and eight months in prison.
Detective Constable Kieran Wickens, who investigated, said: “This was a terrifying incident for an innocent father and his two very young children who were just going about their daily business.
- 1 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
"Brown’s behaviour was unpredictable and dangerous and I hope she uses the time in prison to reflect on the impact this has had on a family.”
For more information about knife crime, visit: https://bit.ly/3yd7nJc