Woman jailed for demanding money in exchange for sexual act
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon woman jailed for sexual assault and placed on Sex Offenders Register
A woman has been jailed after she sexually assaulted a stranger in his own home.
Michelle Hall, 54, turned up at the victim's home in Huntingdon unannounced at 11.25pm on October 16.
As he answered the door, Hall asked if he would give her five pounds for a bus into Peterborough city centre.
The victim refused, but Hall pushed her way past him, into his home. Once inside, Hall turned and offered to perform a sexual act in exchange for the bus fare.
The victim refused once more, prompting Hall to begin groping him. She then attempted to pull his trousers down, despite him repeatedly asking her to stop.
The victim called police as Hall fled into the town centre. He gave a description and she was later identified via CCTV images and arrested.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 9 Lack of dentists in Cambridgeshire sees people pulling their own teeth
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
In custody, Hall admitted the offence, saying: "you don't have to take swabs, I'm guilty".
On Monday (January 27) at Peterborough Crown Court, Hall, of High Street, Huntingdon, was jailed for 20 months and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.
PC Jess Porter said: "This has been a harrowing experience for the victim, who was forced to endure an unexpected ordeal in his own home.
"I would like to applaud the victim for having the courage to report this offence to police. Sexual offences can happen to anyone and we will always take allegations seriously."
More information on sexual offences and the support options available to victims, visit: www.cambs.police.uk/sexoffences.