Woman assaulted after argument breaks out in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was assaulted in the early hours of Saturday (February 25).
The incident happened in New Street, St Neots, near to the Mill Lane traffic lights, between 3-4am.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, and a motorist started arguing which resulted in a tussle and the victim falling to the floor. She was not injured.
The man then got into his car, a five-door silver saloon, and drove off in the direction of Little Paxton. He is described as having olive skin, between 40 and 50, 5’5”to 5’7”, of medium build, with short dark hair.
Detective Sergeant Amanda Foreman said: “This was a frightening experience for the victim. I’d urge anyone who saw the man or who has information regarding the incident to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call DS Foreman on 101 or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told