WISBECH MURDER: Neighbours pay tribute to Una Crown, 86, who was killed in her own home
- Credit: Archant
NEIGHBOURS have expressed their shock at the death of Una Crown, 86, who was murdered in her own home.
Her body was discovered shortly after 11am on Sunday at her bungalow in Magazine Lane, Wisbech.
David Butterfield, her next door neighbour, paid tribute to the pensioner, who was the victim of a brutal assault.
He said: “She was a lovely little thing. I am very shocked to hear the news.
“She used to take parcels around to our house and she had our phone numbers so she could always get in touch if she needed anything.
You may also want to watch:
“What she has been subjected to is disgusting.”
Fellow neighbour Maureen Lawrence was shocked to hear Una had been murdered,
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
She said: “Una passed by very often to go to the postbox and now and again we would say hello.
“When I heard someone use the word ‘murder’ it gave me goosebumps.
“You never expect to be told something like that. I just assumed she had passed away peacefully.”
She had last been seen alive at 11am on Friday.
Anyone with information should call the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111