Winners of Hunts Post Photo Competition are crowned
- Credit: Archant
The winners of the Hunts Post Photo Competition were crowned on Saturday at a special exhibition hosted in St Neots.
Launched in September, the competition attracted almost 500 entries, with an array of subject matter capturing the eye of the district’s amateur photographers, ranging from dazzling vistas to family pets.
Short-listed finalists in the adult, under 10, and 11-16-year-old categories were invited to the Priory Centre at the weekend to see if their entries had won, and there were prizes handed out for runners-up and the winners of extra categories.
The best in show prize was won by Chris Chuter, with the 11-16-year-old top spot going to Annabel Harrison, and the under 10 prize going to Jack Harvey.
As well as receiving their prizes, finalists and guests were also able to see their work, and the work of hundreds of others, on display at the exhibition, which was hosted in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Mansfield, acting editor at The Hunts Post, said: “The response to this year’s competition was tremendous, with the range and quality of entries showing the enthusiasm that exists for photography in Huntingdonshire.
“The task of selecting the winners was incredibly difficult for our judges and even to have been short-listed was an achievement in and of itself. Congratulations to all those who came away with a prize and thank you to everybody who took the time to enter.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
To find out more about St Neots Camera Club, log on to: www.stneots-camera-club.org.uk.
Winners and runners-up
Winner: Chris Chuter
Runners-up: Carol Leather, Carice Allen, Frank Andserson, Keith Edmonds, Mandy Carter, Poppy Cornell, Samuel Stephens, Stephen Laws, Steve Lewis.
Winner: Annabel Harrison
Runners-up: Alice Kemp (16)
Anastacia Aldrich (15
Izzy Willmer (13)
Joshua Norris (16)
Winner: Jack Harvey (10)
Runners-up: Amelia Haylock (8)
Imogen Davis (6)
Isaac Lawrence (10)
Fruit and veg category
Winners: Asha Chapman-Strong (16)
Charlotte Godwin (11)
Jaimee Bedford (13)
Jacob Wilson (13)