Winners of Hunts Post Photo Competition are crowned
- Credit: Archant
The winners of the Hunts Post Photo Competition were crowned on Saturday at a special exhibition hosted in St Neots.
Launched in September, the competition attracted almost 500 entries, with an array of subject matter capturing the eye of the district’s amateur photographers, ranging from dazzling vistas to family pets.
Short-listed finalists in the adult, under 10, and 11-16-year-old categories were invited to the Priory Centre at the weekend to see if their entries had won, and there were prizes handed out for runners-up and the winners of extra categories.
The best in show prize was won by Chris Chuter, with the 11-16-year-old top spot going to Annabel Harrison, and the under 10 prize going to Jack Harvey.
As well as receiving their prizes, finalists and guests were also able to see their work, and the work of hundreds of others, on display at the exhibition, which was hosted in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
Daniel Mansfield, acting editor at The Hunts Post, said: “The response to this year’s competition was tremendous, with the range and quality of entries showing the enthusiasm that exists for photography in Huntingdonshire.
“The task of selecting the winners was incredibly difficult for our judges and even to have been short-listed was an achievement in and of itself. Congratulations to all those who came away with a prize and thank you to everybody who took the time to enter.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
To find out more about St Neots Camera Club, log on to: www.stneots-camera-club.org.uk.
Winners and runners-up
Winner: Chris Chuter
Runners-up: Carol Leather, Carice Allen, Frank Andserson, Keith Edmonds, Mandy Carter, Poppy Cornell, Samuel Stephens, Stephen Laws, Steve Lewis.
Winner: Annabel Harrison
Runners-up: Alice Kemp (16)
Anastacia Aldrich (15
Izzy Willmer (13)
Joshua Norris (16)
Winner: Jack Harvey (10)
Runners-up: Amelia Haylock (8)
Imogen Davis (6)
Isaac Lawrence (10)
Fruit and veg category
Winners: Asha Chapman-Strong (16)
Charlotte Godwin (11)
Jaimee Bedford (13)
Jacob Wilson (13)