Congratulations to the winners of The Hunts Post Photographic (summer) Competition
- Credit: Archant
The competition has proved so popular that we have decided to run four each year to represent the seasons.
Here are the winners of The Hunts Post Photographic (summer) Competition.
The judging was carried out by photographer Ken Challenger who chose three more photos for a highly commended section.
Editor Debbie Davies also picked her Editor’s Choice image.
First place: Daniel Heathcote: Barn Owl in flight at Manea RSPB Ouse Washes.
You may also want to watch:
Second place: Steve Lewis’s image of a strawberry.
Third place: Andy Cronk took this photo of a sunset at Upwood.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Highly Commended: Harry Lucus; Marian Preston and Hannah Bamber.
Editor’s Choice: Grace Oakley’s photo of a rainbow over Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The competition has proved to be so popular that we have decided to run four each year to represent the seasons.
So, the next one will run in November for autumn images.
“Now the leaves are starting to fall from the trees and there are so many beautiful colours around us, take the opportunity over the next few weeks to capture the season and start sending us your images,” said Editor Debbie Davies.
Closing date is November 27. The competition is open to anyone living in Huntingdonshire and the images must be taken in Cambridgeshire. Entry is one image per person and photos must be in jpeg format. Entries must be via email and entrants must provide full name and town or village where they live and a short description of the image.
All entries should be sent to: Editor@huntspost.
Winners of The Hunts Post Photographic (summer) Competition