Congratulations to the winners of The Hunts Post Photographic (summer) Competition
- Credit: Archant
The competition has proved so popular that we have decided to run four each year to represent the seasons.
Here are the winners of The Hunts Post Photographic (summer) Competition.
The judging was carried out by photographer Ken Challenger who chose three more photos for a highly commended section.
Editor Debbie Davies also picked her Editor’s Choice image.
First place: Daniel Heathcote: Barn Owl in flight at Manea RSPB Ouse Washes.
Second place: Steve Lewis’s image of a strawberry.
Third place: Andy Cronk took this photo of a sunset at Upwood.
- 1 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 2 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
Highly Commended: Harry Lucus; Marian Preston and Hannah Bamber.
Editor’s Choice: Grace Oakley’s photo of a rainbow over Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The competition has proved to be so popular that we have decided to run four each year to represent the seasons.
So, the next one will run in November for autumn images.
“Now the leaves are starting to fall from the trees and there are so many beautiful colours around us, take the opportunity over the next few weeks to capture the season and start sending us your images,” said Editor Debbie Davies.
Closing date is November 27. The competition is open to anyone living in Huntingdonshire and the images must be taken in Cambridgeshire. Entry is one image per person and photos must be in jpeg format. Entries must be via email and entrants must provide full name and town or village where they live and a short description of the image.
All entries should be sent to: Editor@huntspost.
Winners of The Hunts Post Photographic (summer) Competition