Winner picked in Papworth Trust Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for two town mayors when they picked the winner of a design competition.
The Mayor of St Neots, Councillor Andrew Hansard, and the Mayor of St Ives, Cllr Nick Dibben, judged the Papworth Trust’s Christmas card contest.
The charity, which supports disabled people, invited youngsters who attend its weekly youth clubs in Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Essex, Leicestershire, Bedfordshire and Suffolk to come up with festive designs.
The mayors met at Saxongate in Huntingdon to make their choice from 45 entries.
The winner was an entry from a member of the Bedford youth club and her Christmas tree creation will appear on cards sent to all the charity’s friends and supporters.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To find out more, visit www.papworth.org.uk.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages