Wind turbine planned near Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been revealed for a wind turbine between the villages of Ramsey Forty Foot and Mereside.
RES is holding a public exhibition on Monday (September 22) to show its proposal for a single turbine north of Ramsey Forty Foot and east of Ramsey Mereside.
The 1.5-megawatt turbine, which will be 125m high, could power more than 1,000 homes.
Rebecca Meek, project director, said: “We believe that our proposed Mere Farm wind turbine will make a valuable contribution to the UK’s energy needs and we look forward to discussing the benefits of the proposal with local people at the public exhibition.
“RES is committed to finding effective and appropriate ways of consulting with all its stakeholders, including local residents and businesses and we believe that the views of local people are an integral part of the development process which in turn can influence the proposal.”
You may also want to watch:
Invitations will be sent to residents living in a 4km radius from the proposed site asking them for their views ahead of a planning application, due to be submitted later this year.
INFORMATION: The exhibition is at Ramsey Forty Foot Village Hall between 3pm and 8pm.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry