WIN: Tickets to see Madness at Newmarket Racecourse in Hunts Post competition
- Credit: Archant
The nutty boys are performing at Newmarket Racecourse next week and The Hunts Post has three pairs of tickets to give away for the show on Friday, June 26.
The Jockey Club Live presents An Evening At The Races and will host Madness as part of the group’s Grandslam Madness tour.
The tour, which runs from May to September, will take in 19 shows at some of the greatest sporting venues around the country.
Madness first stormed onto the UK music scene in 1979, becoming one of the most prominent bands of the 80s with hits, including Baggy Trousers, It Must Be Love, Driving In My Car, Our House and House of Fun.
An Evening At The Races kicks off earlier in the evening with six races on the July course - giving fans the chance to witness up close powerful equine athletes who are stars in their own right, and enjoy the thrilling drama and spectacle as they race for glory.
You may also want to watch:
Whether you fancy a flutter or a dance with friends and family, the event is certain to be an odds on favourite for everyone, with tickets starting at £26.
Amy Starkey, regional director (East) of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “Madness are a national treasure and it is absolutely thrilling that we are welcoming the band back to the July Course for the third time in four years.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“The nutty boys are loved by all age groups and their Newmarket concerts were sell-outs in both 2012 and 2013, so I’m certain that there will be a huge demand once again for their performance.”
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see Madness on Friday, June 26, just answer this question:
What was the band’s first UK number one hit single in 1982?
Answers on a postcard to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE19 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must include a daytime telephone number. Deadline is Tuesday, June 23. Terms and conditions apply. The editor’s decision is final.
INFORMATION: Tickets available from newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk. Gates open at 4.30pm.