Win a family ticket to this year’s Cambridgeshire County Show
- Credit: Archant
The Cambridgeshire County Show is celebrating its 18th anniversary this year and The Hunts Post has 10 family tickets to give away.
The show has evolved from a traditional annual Young Farmers rally to become one of the most successful one-day agricultural events in the county.
This year’s event takes place on Sunday, June 4, from 10am-5pm, at Wimpole Home Farm, in Wimpole.
Parking is free.
The show is organised by a volunteer committee that includes supporters and members of the Cambridgeshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Each year the committee aims to create a traditional county event which promotes British food and farming, provides visitors with an insight into countryside crafts and creates an arena for young farmers to demonstrate their skills.
Visitors can enjoy a range of main ring displays including the return of the Adrenaline Tour Motorbike and Quad Stunt Show and the Welsh Axemen, heavy horses and terrier racing.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The ever-popular sheep show will also be performing throughout the day in the livestock area where visitors will be able to see a variety of livestock, including rare breeds.
Country crafts such as thatching, fencing and stick making will also be on display. The large variety of trade stands will include everything from agricultural machinery to country clothing and garden plants to chicken coops. The craft marquee will host a wonderful array of gifts for all ages, including jewellery, handmade toys and works produced by local artists.
Admission for adults is £10, while under 16s and OAPs are £6. A family ticket is £28.
To be in with a chance of winning a family ticket (2x adults, 2x children) answer the following question:
Where will the sheep show be performing at the Cambs County Show?
a) main ring
b) livestock area
E-mail your answer, including full contact details and address, to email@example.com. Normal Archant rules apply. The deadline for
entries is May 25.