Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- Credit: Babs Moore
The A1307 now offers an excellent quick route from Godmanchester into the Huntingdon Railway Station car park but I was very frustrated when I did the trip last week.
The journey time of six minutes, after 25, plus years, and at long last is is now quicker to drive than cycle to the station and on a wet day this is definitely a much better option.
However, it took 15 minutes to park as there were only four spaces left and two were totally unusable as drivers had parked their cars across the white lines.
There were also lots of spaces blocked off for no obvious reason in the middle of the car park.
I hesitated as the current ring-road system meant it would have been impractical to drive around to other car park as I would have missed my train which I ended up having to run for anyway having taken so long with parking.
So, I squeezed into a space and the boot was the only practical way to get in and out of the car.
My car is not very large and I was evenly spaced between white lines.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Can I ask if there is anyone out there who thinks these car parking spaces are appropriately sized?
Has anyone else found the same problem?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Write to the Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.