Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- Credit: Babs Moore
The A1307 now offers an excellent quick route from Godmanchester into the Huntingdon Railway Station car park but I was very frustrated when I did the trip last week.
The journey time of six minutes, after 25, plus years, and at long last is is now quicker to drive than cycle to the station and on a wet day this is definitely a much better option.
However, it took 15 minutes to park as there were only four spaces left and two were totally unusable as drivers had parked their cars across the white lines.
There were also lots of spaces blocked off for no obvious reason in the middle of the car park.
I hesitated as the current ring-road system meant it would have been impractical to drive around to other car park as I would have missed my train which I ended up having to run for anyway having taken so long with parking.
So, I squeezed into a space and the boot was the only practical way to get in and out of the car.
My car is not very large and I was evenly spaced between white lines.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Can I ask if there is anyone out there who thinks these car parking spaces are appropriately sized?
Has anyone else found the same problem?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Write to the Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.