Where to go if you’re ill or injured over the May bank holiday weekend
HEALTH officials have issued advice on what to do if you are injured or ill during the bank holiday weekend.
If you hurt yourself or feeling under the weather, NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is asking residents to visit pharmacies as GP surgeries will be closed during the long weekend.
If you are more seriously hurt you can go to St Neots Health Centre which will treat strains, chest infections and oither minor injuries and illnesses.
If you ar suffering from a life threatening emergency, such as heart attacksm strokes, loss of consciousness, and severe trauma or injury, call 999 or got to Accident and Emergency.
Dr Christine Macleod, medical director for NHS Cambridgeshire and NHS Peterborough, said: “If you feel unwell or get an injury over the weekend, there is a range of services to help you. If you have a cold, stomach trouble or even a bad hangover that won’t go away you can always ask a local pharmacist for advice and over the counter remedies for quick relief.
You may also want to watch:
“If your illness is not getting better, you can call your GP surgery to access the GP out of hours service for advice on your condition.
“You can also visit minor injury units for minor injuries such as cuts and grazes, minor burns and scalds, bites and stings, strains and sprains and minor eye or ear problems.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
“Bank Holiday weekends can see increased pressure on emergency services and it is important that people choose well to access the right service for their health needs and help use NHS resources wisely.”
INFORMATION: If you are worried about which services you can access over the weekend call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 or visit www.nhs.uk. A list of pharmacies open over the coming Bank Holidays can be found on the NHS Cambridgeshire website here: http://www.cambridgeshire.nhs.uk/opening-times.htm
• St Neots Health Centre, 24 Moores Walk, St Neots PE19 1AG tel: 01480 219317