Where and when to watch Christmas lights switch ons
HUNTINGDONSHIRE has already started lighting up for Christmas.
In Elm Close, Huntingdon, the Allen family led the way on Saturday when they unveiled their seasonal display.
Around 80 neighbours watched the family switch on their lights and help raise �110 for The Hunts Post’s New Life Appeal, which is raising money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s special care baby unit and maternity ward.
Huntingdonshire’s market towns follow this weekend:
? Huntingdon’s Big Switch On takes place on Sunday (November 28). Party goers can enjoy a range of activities from 1pm including fairy stilt walkers, pantomime folk and a strolling jazz band along with acts introduced by Huntingdon Community Radio.
The traditional festive procession starts at 4.30pm and the countdown to the switch on at 4.45pm.
? St Neots Christmas lights switch on is in the Market Square at 7pm on Friday (November 26).
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 3 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Plaque unveiled for Legion's new home
- 9 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
- 10 Blood donors needed urgently for session in Huntingdon
Don McKay will host entertainment including majorettes, cheer leaders and the Air Training Corps band from 6pm, with activities continuing until 9.30pm.
? Ramsey’s official festive celebrations start on Saturday (November 27) when MP Shailesh Vara switches on the lights in the town centre. The day starts early, with stalls open from 9am and the Ramsey Light Railway taking people for rides along part of Great Whyte. The entertainment continues between 6pm and 7.30pm as the evening ends with a grand finale of fireworks.
? St Ives Christmas lights switch on takes place on Sunday (November 28). There will be a series of activities between 11am and 6pm including Dickensian market, Santa’s grotto, live reindeer, traditional ferris wheel and on stage entertainment.
The lights will be switched on by Father Christmas at 5pm.
? Some of this information was incorrect in last week’s edition. We apologise for the error.