Wetherspoon pub to come to St Ives
- Credit: Archant
JD Wetherspoon has agreed a deal to open a pub in St Ives.
The Hunts Post has reported that the firm was looking at opening businesses in St Ives and Huntingdon.
While the Huntingdon deal, which will see the Old Post Office and George Hall converted into a pub later this year, was confirmed in November, the St Ives project has taken longer to finalise.
And the company would still not say which building it would be taking.
The site is believed to be the Warehouse Clearance store, in Market Hill, although this has not yet been confirmed by either Wetherspoon or the commercial property agent, Budworth Hardcastle.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Wetherspoon said on Monday a deal has been agreed but it was awaiting a contract from the vendor.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'