Wedding bliss for scout leader after he is surprised by his entire pack!
- Credit: Archant
There were some very special guests for the wedding of Huntingdonshire couple Jonathan and Claire Radbone….a whole scout pack!
Jonathan and his new wife Claire’s big day on September 29 was given an extra special boost when members of the groom’s scout group surprised them in full uniform and carrying the pack flags.
Members of 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group arrived at Huntingdon Registration Office, in Lawrence Court, to extend their best wishes and throw a few handfuls of confetti too.
After their ceremony, the couple celebrated their special day with friends and family in Yelling.
Jonathan (known as Hathi in his pack) joined the scout group aged six as a beaver scout. He then continued his role as a cub, a scout, a young leader, and now an adult volunteer.
The groom’s mother, Lynne Radbone, is also a leader in scouting.
To add even more scouting to the occasion, the civil marriage ceremony itself was conducted by family friend and group scout leader Louise Clover.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
Jonathan said: “Scouting is such a large part of my life and it was an awesome surprise to see some of the young people turn up, scouting really is my ‘other’ family.”
Group leader, Louise added: “It is the first time we have had a leader get married whilst volunteering with the group, and it was a real honour to also be able to conduct their ceremony for them too.”
To find out more about 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group, log on to https://scouts.org.uk/get-involved/groups/1st-fenstanton-and-hilton.