Wedding bliss for scout leader after he is surprised by his entire pack!
- Credit: Archant
There were some very special guests for the wedding of Huntingdonshire couple Jonathan and Claire Radbone….a whole scout pack!
Jonathan and his new wife Claire’s big day on September 29 was given an extra special boost when members of the groom’s scout group surprised them in full uniform and carrying the pack flags.
Members of 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group arrived at Huntingdon Registration Office, in Lawrence Court, to extend their best wishes and throw a few handfuls of confetti too.
After their ceremony, the couple celebrated their special day with friends and family in Yelling.
Jonathan (known as Hathi in his pack) joined the scout group aged six as a beaver scout. He then continued his role as a cub, a scout, a young leader, and now an adult volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
The groom’s mother, Lynne Radbone, is also a leader in scouting.
To add even more scouting to the occasion, the civil marriage ceremony itself was conducted by family friend and group scout leader Louise Clover.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Jonathan said: “Scouting is such a large part of my life and it was an awesome surprise to see some of the young people turn up, scouting really is my ‘other’ family.”
Group leader, Louise added: “It is the first time we have had a leader get married whilst volunteering with the group, and it was a real honour to also be able to conduct their ceremony for them too.”
To find out more about 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group, log on to https://scouts.org.uk/get-involved/groups/1st-fenstanton-and-hilton.