Video: Vic Reeves shares his memories of the Great 1987 storm
Comedian Vic Reeves shares his memories of the 1987 storm through animation.
We have been lucky enough to receive a YouTube video from animator, Alex Collier about the Great Storm in 1987.
Alex found himself animating Vic Reeves’ memories of the storm after contacting Vic about his autobiography.
“I was a big fan of Vic’s autobiography ‘Me:Moir’, which covers his early life in the North. As I’m an animator I approached him to ask of I could bring some of his book to life. He decided to come up with a new story from his time living in London, and chose this particular incident - obviously Vic could have plucked out one of many, many incidents in his life, but the fact he chose this particular night must mean that the events had a big effect on him, and clearly stayed vividly in his mind all these years on!”
You may also want to watch:
Alex even managed to get Vic to voice over the video once he created the animation.
To watch the video click on the play button above.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
Can you remember the 1987 storm? Were you affected directly or did you help out others?
If so email your memories, photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the section online look for the button on our homepage.